Feel free to put anything you want in these, but I’ve found this recipe sneaks a lot of veggies into a meal in which they’d otherwise be scarce. These got an A+ at my table.
- 3 large zucchini
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 cups macaroni
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella
- 1 Tbsp butter, softened
- ½ cup milk
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1 cup steamed broccoli
- Cook the macaroni in boiling water until soft; drain in a colander and set aside.
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds with a spoon. Remove enough seeds and fruit to make a trough for the macaroni mixture.
- In a small saucepan, mix the butter, cheese, milk, and broccoli over medium heat. Use a whisk and break up the broccoli as small as you can in the cheese sauce.
- Stuff the zucchini with about ½ cup macaroni and pour ½ cup broccoli cheese sauce over the top.
- Bake in at 350° F for 12 minutes. You can prep more of these and freeze them for a later date.