This soup is a must-serve with grilled cheese sandwiches. Sour dough grills to a good crunch, and you can vary the cheeses or add more than one kind. Try frying the sandwiches in olive oil instead of butter. Add fresh spinach and thinly sliced tomatoes or thinly sliced deli meats.
- 1 28-oz. can stewed tomatoes
- 1 32-oz. carton vegetable stock
- ½ cup tomato paste
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- Combine tomatoes, vegetable stock, and tomato paste in a large pot.
- Bring to boil and reduce to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and simmer additional 10 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.