Perfect for chips and chicken enchiladas
, this sauce is easy to make and stores well in the refrigerator.
- 6 poblano chiles, roasted and peeled
- 1½ lb. tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 serrano chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- Blend all ingredients in food processor until smooth. If sauce is too thick, add a little chicken broth or water to sauce to thin it to the consistency you prefer.
- Simmer sauce 25 to 30 minutes until cooked through.