Family preferences differ on crispness of green beans. Adjust cooking time to achieve the crispness your family prefers. For softer texture, boil the green beans for 15 minutes. For crisper texture, boil for 5 minutes. Crisp green beans are prettier and store well for leftovers.
- 3 lbs. green beans, stems trimmed off
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Boil greens beans in large pot or water, 5 to 15 minutes depending on desired crispness (see note above). Drain.
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add green beans to melted butter and stir well to coat with butter. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add almonds to skillet and stir in well.