This spicy soup is just as easy to make in a slow cooker as on your stovetop. One hearty batch will easily feed eight people. Round out the meal with corn bread.
- 1 lb. lean ground meat
- 2 16-oz. cans low-sodium corn
- 1 16-oz. can pinto beans
- 1 16-oz. can black beans
- 2 16-oz. cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 32-oz. carton chicken broth
- Brown meat in skillet and then transfer to a large pot or slow cooker.
- Add all beans and vegetables to the pot or slow cooker.
- Pour chicken broth over ingredients.
- Stir in the taco seasoning.
- Cook over low-medium heat for one hour on stove top, stirring occasionally, or for four hours on low in the slow cooker.
- Top with diced jalapeños, tortilla strips, and shredded cheese as desired.