- masa dough
- 4 oz bacon
- 2 cloves garlic roasted and chopped
- 1 cup black beans cooked
- ½ cup Monterrey Jack cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 8-10 corn husks soaked until pliable, dried
- Cook bacon until crispy, and then add garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, taking care not to burn the garlic. Remove bacon and garlic with a slotted spoon, and then puree with the beans.
- Add puree back to hot rendered bacon fat. Turn heat to low/simmer. Cook mixture for 10 minutes, stirring to keep from burning. Fold in cheese and allow mixture to cool.
- Spoon 2 Tbsp. of masa and then 2 Tbsp. of bean mixture onto a corn husk. Roll and tie the husk. Repeat with remaining husks. Steam for 30 minutes.