#gtownview Facebook/ Instagram Photo Contest
SPONSOR/ ADMINISTRATOR: This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to “Sponsor” (Georgetown View Magazine, PO Box 2281, Georgetown, TX 78627) and not to Facebook or Instagram.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open to individual legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 18+ years or older at time of entry. Georgetown View employees and contributors are not eligible. Void where prohibited.
2. CONTEST SUBMISSION PERIOD: The contest officially begins 12:00:01 a.m. CST (Central Standard Time) on January 1st, 2016 through 11:59 p.m. CST on January 31st, 2016.
3. ENTRY:Eligible entrants can enter the contest by posting a photo via Facebook or Instagram that is relevant to Georgetown, TX. All photo submissions must include the hashtag #gtownview in the caption of the uploaded image. Once submitted, an entry cannot be deleted, canceled, or modified. All entries must be made via Facebook or Instagram. No other form of entry is permitted and will not be accepted. All entries must be received during the contest period. Entries are void if received through illegitimate channels or if they are the result of fraud.
ENTER AS MANY TIMES AS YOU LIKE DURING THE CONTEST SUBMISSION PERIOD.
4. SUBMITTED MATERIALS: By submitting a photo, each contestant represents and warrants that: contestant is the sole owner, author or otherwise controls all the rights to the photo; the photo will not harm or cause injury to any entity or person; the photo does not infringe on any third party’s proprietary rights, does not violate any local, state or federal laws, regulations, statutes or ordinances, and are not considered to be offensive, threatening, abusive, harassing, vulgar, obscene, profane, libelous, hateful, discriminatory against any race, religion or sex, or otherwise objectionable; the photo does not include any websites, addresses (physical and electronic); phone numbers or other contact information, references to other businesses, viruses, or other potentially damaging computer programs or files, advertisements or spam. The photos must not denigrate either Sponsor in any way.
Sponsor will not accept any liability for any content contestant or any third party submits. Sponsor is not obligated to monitor, edit or remove any content submitted. Contestants agree to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor and their respective affiliates, and all of their officers, directors, employees and agents harmless against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, debts, investigations, fines, penalties, costs, expenses and settlements (including attorneys’ fees and costs of litigation, settlement, judgment, interest and penalties) arising out of or related to a breach of the foregoing representations and warranties or from the review.
Contestants grant to Sponsor an irrevocable, non-exclusive, and fully sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display the photos throughout the world in any media, without prior notice, approval or compensation. Contestants otherwise will retain all rights to their photos, and the Sponsors’ publication of their Photos will not limit contestants’ use and ability to further market the Photos. Each contestant agrees that Sponsor has no obligation to use or continue using such contestant’s photo.
Photos that do not comply with these Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by Sponsor, in their sole discretion, will be disqualified and will not be considered for the prize. Sponsor will make the final determination as to which entries are eligible to take part in this contest and may be considered for the prizes.
Certain photos may be featured from time to time on the Sponsors’ website during the contest period, in Sponsors’ sole discretion; being selected as a featured photo is unrelated to the judging criteria (as described above) and does not guarantee selection as a prize winner in the contest.
5. PRIZE WINNER SELECTION: On January 31st, 2016, the Sponsor will select the winner from among all eligible entries. The Sponsor will choose the winners by applying the following criteria: Originality (30%), visual aesthetic appeal of the photo (30%), an interesting caption (10%), and relevance to Georgetown, TX (30%).
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: On or about Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016, Sponsor will attempt to notify the winner by comment on Facebook or Instagram photo. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within forty-eight (48) hours of the first notification attempt, the winner shall forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected.
7. PRIZES: The winning picture will be published in the April issue of the Georgetown View Magazine. In addition, the winner will receive a $50 gift card to a restaurant in Georgetown, TX.
Only the prizes specified above will be awarded. The prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemption or equivalent. Sponsor is not responsible for loss of any gift card and will not replace any lost prizes. Sponsor makes no representation or warranties concerning the prizes awarded.
8. HOW TO CLAIM PRIZE: Contest winner may be required to sign and return to Sponsor a Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release, and, if so, all required documents must be signed and returned to Sponsor within seven days of the date Sponsor sends them to winner. By accepting the prize, the winner grants permission to the Sponsor to use his or her name and/or photographs and any statement by winner for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
9. ADDITIONAL TERMS: By entering the contest, contestants agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the contest, or any prizes awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
10. RELEASE: By participating in this contest, contestants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and their respective subsidiaries and affiliates, its advertising and promotion agencies, and their directors, officers, employees and/or agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, liability, losses, and expenses arising out of this contest or acceptance, use, or misuse of the prize received in this contest. Contestants agree that no claim relating to such claims, damages, liability, losses, and expenses will be asserted against the Sponsor or any of their subsidiaries or affiliates, or their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees and/or agents. By accepting a prize, winner agrees to release and hold the Sponsor harmless from any and all claims, damages, liability, losses, and expenses and actions of any kind resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of the prize, including without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Sponsor is not in any way responsible or liable for damage, loss, or injury resulting from altered, late, lost, damaged, misdirected, or illegible entries, or telephone, computer, online or technical malfunctions (including busy lines and disconnections), all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the contest.
Entries may be deleted by owners from Instagram throughout the contest dates. Those entries may no longer be eligible, depending on the time they were removed.
Entries may not be visible to everyone and cannot be viewed unless browsing the specific hashtag #gtownview.
The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information utilized in the contest or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of entries in the contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to contestant’s or to any other person’s computer related or resulting from participation or downloading materials in this contest.
If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest and will post notice of the termination on Instagram as well as on their specific website.
Participation in this contest constitutes full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding.
Find past contest winners here.