Add a little zest to the ordinary
The most important meal of the day? Breakfast. I never miss it. When the weather is cold, enjoying breakfast while still cuddled up in pajamas is my idea of perfection. Breakfast not only gets the metabolism going—it marks the official start to the day. Take time to prepare a well-rounded meal with fresh ingredients. Enjoy your coffee or hot tea as the eggs sizzle and the waffles crisp. Life can stop long enough for you to set your day in motion the right way.
How to poach an egg:
1. Fill a saucepan with a few inches of water. Heat the water until it simmers.
2. One at a time, gently crack the eggs into the simmering water, careful not to overcrowd the pan.
3. Turn off the heat and cover the pan. Allow the eggs to poach for 3 to 4 minutes max.
4. Remove the lid. Carefully lift the poached eggs out of the pan, one at time, using a slotted spoon or mesh sieve.
5. A trick is to place Mason jar rings in the pan. Fill the water to just above the jar ring. Crack one egg into each ring and let it settle. This keeps the eggs from mixing together.